Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finally!

So yesterday on a whim, Jaren and I ran over to the OB that I want to go to, just to check it out. I told them insurance didn't start until November 1st and the 3rd I will be 10 weeks. So I got an appointment for the 2nd of November!! They like to see you when you are between 8 - 10 weeks. The sad part is that Jaren is going to Connecticut for a choir trip and the day I have my appointment is their last rehearsal. I really hope his teacher will let him leave early, but I'm not going to hold my breath!!

Today I am 8 weeks - I don't have a picture to post yet because I haven't taken one yet. Last night I made steamed carrots with butter and a little salt (one of my favorites) and it made me so sick! But uncooked carrots were fine!!! lol. I'm trying to eat healthy and have been pretty good at it - it also helps that most of what I'm craving are fruits and veggies!! The hardest thing to get the needed amount of is dairy. I was wanting it all the time a few weeks ago and now I want it a little bit, but not as much as I probably should. Some people say that what you crave is what your body needs. I guess my body doesn't need as much calcium right now? So maybe I am getting enough between my prenatal vitamins, tums, cheese, yogurt, and occasionally milk? Ha ha.

Hot and cold flashes are becoming frustrating...I am SO cold right now. But I know once I put on a sweatshirt I will be dying of heat. I just can't find a happy medium yet.

So other than work and school and being pregnant, not much is going on. I'm reading some awesome books that my sister-in-law Krystal sent me - So sweet!!

Well I will write more tomorrow probably and I will have a picture of my bloat bump for today's 8 week mark!!

4 comments:

The Cowan Family said...

Hey sis, love the blog. I have a "What to expect when you're expecting" book you can borrow if you want. Let me know! love you.

Annie Carie said...

So excited for you guys!!

Daphne said...

when i was 8 weeks pregnant everyone thought i was 4 months pregnant since i was so bloated!

Crystal Noelle said...

Thanks Bri - that's one Krys actually sent. You are so sweet to offer!! Thanks everyone!