Monday, November 2, 2009

1st Ultrasound!

So I had my first prenatal appointment today! I went in and really liked the doctor. He was funny, blunt, and honest and I felt like I was in good hands! So first thing he did, since I was 10 weeks tomorrow, was check to try and hear the heartbeat. We heard a lot of swooshing, but no heartbeat, which is ok for this early. Then he felt my uterus to see how much it's expanded and I found that my uterus is tilted back a bit, and we figured that's why we couldn't hear it. Then he did the internal ultrasound and I got to see our little baby June Bug! I saw the heart beating fast and also the doctor said the baby "kicked" the foot too, which was cool. Then we got the first picture, which is attached! But the baby is measuring at 8weeks 3days in the picture. Then the 2nd look, different angle was 4days, then the best angle was 5 days. So he said that I'm 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant, so not the 10 weeks we were thinking! So my new due date, instead of June 1st, is June 9th! And June 9th also happens to be Jaren's birthday!

So it was a fun day and we are so excited! We have our baby's first picture in a frame, which is so adorable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see what life is bringing you! Your amazing and I love you!