Monday, October 24, 2011

Maybe it's time...

I need to start taking care of myself more and being "selfish" in a sense. I came to this realization yesterday after I spent the night in the ER. I have been sick this last week and have been suffering from back pain for the last 3-4 months. At my doctor's, she felt my back and told me it was my SI joint that was hurting me (no urine tests or any other tests), so I believed her. It's been getting worse over time, and my gut feeling Friday night was that I needed to be seen, but I didn't go in...

After a terrible day on Saturday and not being able to move without being in intense pain (almost as bad as my back labor with Dev), Jaren called a nurse hotline and explained what was going on. They recommended that we get in as soon as possible, and preferably to go to the ER, so we did. My in-laws were able to take Dev for the night and we went in...

We were there for only a little while because it was not busy, which was nice. I ended up being diagnosed with a UTI, and we found that my pelvis never went back into place correctly after having Dev and that is why I am having the intense pain in my back. I was so glad that it's nothing worse, but also glad that they found out why it's happening. I am now on medicine for both and I'm trying to adjust to it. Unfortunately one of them is making me throw up (UGH!), but I'd rather throw up than feel horrible pain!

So now my only food friends are buttered noodles, crackers, and ginger ale.

No comments: