Thursday, February 6, 2014

Too many potty issues!

Potty training is crazy.  I always looked at other parents and thought that they had to have found some magical thing to potty train their kids.  I realize now that they probably just had better luck in finding what worked for their kid! 

For us, we had found that Dev liked a *very* small treat after going potty.  It was awesome and we were so proud of how fast he was potty training.  Then, we had to move and he regressed a bit.  We worked with him and it got better luckily. 

Now we are working on night training.  Oh boy, that's so much fun! (yes, I'm being sarcastic...)  We have always been bad at having a steady schedule.  I blame this on us being in school until last spring and not transitioning well through it all.  Anyway, night after night there was a peed mess of blankets, sheets, underwear, clothes, pillows, toys, etc.  I could not stand it, so I ordered some plastic underwear.  I'll add in here that I won't use pullups because Dev liked to go potty in diapers and it just didn't work for us.

So those plastic underwear have been awesome! (no sarcasm here)  All I have to worry about now is peed underwear, sometimes peed pants, and the plastic underwear themselves (easy to clean).  It's been nice.

Once we got Dev under control, Kade started to leak through his diapers.  UGH, really?  Yeah it was not fun.  Apparently he had a growth spurt and his diapers were too small now.  Got that taken care of, whew. 

Then, our cat(s?) started peeing outside the litter box, even with new and clean litter!  That's happened once yesterday and then again this morning. 

On top of that, our dog Hope yesterday morning peed in our dining area, Jaren cleaned it up, and then she peed again even after he took her out.  Last night, she pooped in our kitchen (twice) after being taken out.  Then she pooped and peed again this morning.

I don't mind taking care of kid pee and poop, but I cannot stand animal stuff.  I'm going crazy over here!

No comments: