Wednesday, May 19, 2010

37 Week Update

Today I am full term! *Victory Dance* Here is the picture I took from last week. I really need to get out of this habit of putting up last weeks pictures lol.

Week 36 Picture:


I wish I had taken a picture today so I could put it up, but today was a lazy day and I didn't look good AT ALL :)

So I have no energy right now to really write much, but I will put down the update from my appointment today.

Definitely at a -1 Station now
He didn't tell me how effaced I was, and I forgot to ask. He did say that my cervix was extremely thin, whatever that means lol.
And he said I was a fingertip dilated. So I asked what he meant by a fingertip and he said 1 cm.

Last week I also was tested to see if I was positive for Group B Strep and it turns out I am. So that means that I will have to get antibiotics during labor, so as not to pass it on to the baby.

Also this week, my blood pressure was a lot higher than last week. Last week it was about 114/62 and this week it was 143/80 something. So a bit of a jump, so I have another appointment Friday to check my blood pressure again. I did have a ton of salt yesterday and I'm thinking that played a big part in it, and I didn't have a chance to really hydrate this morning before my appointment. But we shall see and I will update more then!

2 comments:

Daphne said...

Congratulations on becoming full term! You look beautiful!!

Annie Carie said...

I'm sorry you had a lame nurse that didn't even know how to check a cervix properly. I'm thinking(guessing) she beat up your cervix so much that it swelled closed and that's why it went from a 1cm to no dilation. efacment is refering to the thickness of the cervix so if he said it was really thin that's a very good thing! Hopfully the baby will drop even more and cause your cervix to dialate and you can finally meet your precious baby! Fingers crossed and many good wishes for you :)